When are the FREE Tax Sites Open?
Free tax sites are open from late January - mid April. Limited tax help is available after tax season.
NEED TO GET YOUR TAXES DONE? We'll do your taxes for FREE!
Earn It! Keep It! Save It! - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) offers free tax help to hard working individuals and families from Santa Clara County. United Way Silicon Valley partners with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), churches, nonprofits and other organizations to offer you free tax help. Tax preparation services are provided by trained, IRS-certified volunteers in a number of languages, including English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Russian. All locations are IRS authorized e-file providers.
How Do I Qualify for FREE Tax Help?
Volunteers are trained to prepare basic 2012 Forms 1040EZ, 1040A, 1040 with Schedule A, B, limited Schedule CEZ, C and California State Income Tax returns ONLY!
- Your 2013 income must be less than $52,000
- You CANNOT be filing as Married, Filing Separate return
Where Do I Go to Get My Taxes Done for Free?
More than 45 free tax sites are located at various churches, libraries and community centers throughout Santa Clara County. Call 211 for site locations and hours of operation. 211 connects callers to services.
What Do I Bring with Me?
The following items are needed to prepare your tax return:
- Proof of Identification - Drivers License or Photo I.D.
- Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birthdates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- W-2, 1099s, 1098s and all other tax forms you receive
- A copy of last year's Federal and State returns if available
- Voided check for direct deposit
How Do I Get More Information?
If you think you will qualify for FREE tax help, please call 2-1-1 or go to www.211scc.org/vita. to find a local VITA site near you.
To sign up to receive more information about our free tax service, please use our form.
Give. Advocate. Volunteer. LIVE UNITED