SOMOS Mayfair Partner Event: Cesar Chavez Student March & Rally
Welcome and thank you for considering a volunteer opportunity with Somos Mayfair, in conjunction with Alum Rock Union School District. Register Here
On March 26, 2015 Somos Mayfair will support the students of the Alum Rock Union School District as they honor and celebrate the contributions of our neighborhood hero, CESAR CHAVEZ. The march takes place on the neighborhood street of east San Jose, with the culminating event taking place at the School of Arts and Culture at the Mexican Heritage Plaza. The annual Chavez March draws 1500 students, teachers, parents and community members to the celebration!
(Volunteers from a Local Target located in East San Jose, CA)
All volunteers must show up at 8:00 a.m. for training and to be assigned a task. Please allow flexibility. You may be assigned more than one task.
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Traffic Control & Safety
8 a.m. – 10 a.m. Set-up at the Plaza: Set-up Chairs, stage, artwork, etc.
9:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Welcome & Greeting Attendees at the Plaza
9:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Hand Out Programs & Water Bottles
9:45 a.m. - 11 a.m. Formal Program
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Traffic Control & Safety
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Clean Up
1) Traffic Control & Safety Morning Volunteers: Help 1500 students get to the Plaza safely (STEETS of EAST SAN JOSE)
2) Set-up: Arrange chairs, signage, stage, event materials, student art work etc.
4) Greeters: Greet guests between parking structure and building entrance, and inside the convention center.
5) Program & Water Distributors: Provide guests with printed program and water bottles
8) Guest Assistance: Assist guests with problems that may come up during check-in.
9) Clean-Up: Clean-up trash, stack chairs and tables, etc.
10) Traffic Control & Safety Afternoon Volunteers: Help 1500 students get back to their schools safely (STREETS of EAST SAN JOSE)