- About Us
- Our Focus
- Our Work
- Corporate Partners
- Non Profits
- Affinity Groups
- Get Help
Bank on San Jose
Helping Families Gain Access to Banking Services
• Bank on Basics In-Person Financial Education Class Schedule (PDF)
• Calendario de Talleres Financieros Gratuitos (PDF)
Bank On San Jose is part of a first-ever statewide initiative to provide opportunities for Californians without bank accounts to access financial services that can help them build assets and become more financially stable. Bank On San Jose provides opportunities for individuals to open checking and personal savings accounts, build a credit history, gain access to lower-cost sources of credit, and invest in their future.
Bank on San Jose is a key part of United Way Silicon Valley’s Income Strategy. We partner with banks, credit unions and community organizations to empower more low-income residents to take advantage of financial services that can help them build and sustain assets.
Financial Services and Product
- Starter Bank Accounts. Bank accounts the gateway to affordable financial services and financial mobility. Bank on San Jose provides an opportunity for an individual to gain immediate access to a new account with any one of the participating banks or credit unions.
- Second Chance Accounts. For persons who have mishandled previous bank accounts, Bank on San Jose provides an opportunity for an individual to gain immediate access to a new account with any one of our participating banks or credit unions.
- Financial Management Workshops. United Way Silicon Valley provides financial management workshops to the community that provide an overview of financial services that are available, such as home and car loans, and how they work.
Join the Coalition. Banks, credit unions and community organizations are encourages to apply for membership.
Give. Without these critical services and products, many lower-income workers rely on alternative financial institutions such as check-cashing services, payday lenders and pawnshops. Your contribution to United Way’s Community Action Fund helps individuals gain access to mainstream financial services and products.
Contact Us: For inquiries, use our contact form or call us at 408-634-9343.
Resources: Bank Account Descriptions & Participating Locations
Give. Advocate. Volunteer. LIVE UNITED