- About Us
- Our Focus
- Our Work
- Corporate Partners
- Non Profits
- Affinity Groups
- Get Help
Why United Way Silicon Valley Advocates
Money alone cannot solve Silicon Valley's most pressing community needs. Public policy can be a significant catalyst for change and that is why advocacy is one strategy that United Way Silicon Valley employs in its ongoing efforts to improve the lives of local people. United Way's advocacy work is focused on improving the systems that shape community conditions to help individuals and families achieve financial stability and independence.
Issues United Way Silicon Valley Champions
Children's Health Coverage: All children have health insurance and access to the quality care they need to stay healthy and in school.
Food Access: Everyone has enough nutritious food to eat.
211 for All: Everyone can access resources in times of need through 211.
How You Can Advance the Cause
Latest Advocacy News
- Federal Education, Income and Health Policy Priorities
- California Legislative Priorities
- Annual Day at the Capitol
- United Way Silicon Valley Supports the Measure to Increase Minimum Wage in San Jose (Fall 2012)
- CHIPRA Two Year Anniversary (Spring 2011)
- Measure A for Healthy Kids (Fall 2010)
Give. Advocate. Volunteer. Live United